Latest posts by 360Moms Team (see all)
- 5 Tips for Traveling with your Kids in Winter - 2017-12-14
- 10 Ideas to Enjoy the Holidays with your Spouse - 2017-12-05
- 6 Mothers Talk About Their Lives with their Special Needs Children - 2017-10-31
In this hectic time of the year, all you would want is to have a nice long chat with your spouse or go out together for a cup of hot chocolate, ditching the business talk -gifts shopping or the tree that needs lighting- and rather enjoy this joyous atmosphere.
The very good news is that everything is possible, if you plan it well, you will spend the time of the year with your spouse this holiday. And, we are here to give you some ideas on how, when or where to have some nice time alone together.
- Since you can’t really leave Christmas gift wrapping till later, the very best thing is that you make a date out of this task; put on a nice outfit, prepare some snacks, play your favorite music records, and voila! A practical yet a very romantic date.
- Go for a walk, choose a decorated area or block, observe the lights together and don’t forget to hold hands, it will be cold.
- After a long day of shopping and planning, set a time where you watch a movie together, it’s a two-weeks holiday so why not make it a weekly thing? Stick with genres that will relax both of you! Reminder: Popcorn!
- Cook a meal together or bake gingerbread cookies and decorate them together, allow each one of you to add his/her own touch to your plates. The outcome will be amazing for sure.
- Play a game! You can make up your own or choose whichever board game you both enjoy like Scrabble, Cards or Dominoes. The loser cooks dinner!
- If you still have to go to work on Christmas eve or New year’s, then order take out, try not to spend much time cooking or cleaning, just sit down and enjoy your evening together.
- A challenge! Choose a challenge for one another, make it fun, setting a bet can spice things up as well.
- Check your to-do lists together, don’t do errands separately, this way you’ll spend more time with each other and it will be fun.
- A winter photo shoot can be fun, it does not have to be done by a professional, set a time and a place, take a lot of photos; under the rain, lying on the snow, just take advantage of your surroundings, you will make nice memories out of these pictures.
- Family… spend some time with the family, bonding with other people can only strengthen your relationship, you will share laughter, small conversations and yummy food.
Don’t worry if you don’t have someone to babysit the kids for you, because even with them being around, you can still enjoy the Holidays with each other. And if you think about it a little bit more, some of these ideas can be done as a family as well.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!